Thursday, May 18, 2017

New Matryoshka in a New Place

I finally came to some sense of stability and harmony, to a degree, in my temporary home with babushka. Starting my next matryoshka means a lot of hours of concentration, because I chose a very difficult building for the background. It's difficult because it has so many windows and non structural designs that it takes a lot of patience to draw.


Babushka really likes to keep things neat. She'll have to outgrow that, there's no way I can set up and clean up every time I take a break.


The most difficult and time consuming part is looking at the photo and using two point perspective and long rulers to draw the building. It's like a tall hill I must walk over, once that's done it's like a fun jog downhill with painting.


Initial sketch is very light, because I don't want it show through the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)