Sunday, January 21, 2018

Baron Munchausen and his Stories

I am hopeful that by next Sunday I will finish my last two blank ornaments that are still left over. I'm a bit perplexed as to who I will give them away to. I think I have given all the gifts that I can think of for this year's holidays and can think of no one else to give an ornament to. The one I'm posting today is a gift to one of my favorite people in the world and I'm glad it will be decking her walls along with her other beautiful art collection.

This past week I have also made some significant progress with finally getting some of my greeting cards printed for my Etsy shop and for the two stores in town that carry them. Old Town Records shop at the Old Town Artisans and Petroglyph in the Lost Barrio both have my cards for sale and I'm told that they sell pretty well and that a replenishment of the stock is needed. I'm hoping that someday I'll have that problem on the Etsy shop. So far I've had it for longer than a year and NEVER sold anything. This time I picked some of my most liked art work and got prints of that for greeting cards and I hope that someday soon I'll make my first sale.

This time I'm posting the first of the new series of ornaments that are black with white art painted on top. The image was inspired by one of Baron Munchausen's tall tales where he was out hunting but didn't have any bullets. He decided to use a cherry pit for a bullet and shot a deer in the forehead. The deer ran away and a year later he saw a deer with a tree of cherry blossoms growing between its antlers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)