Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Firebird

I am happy to say that I finally started painting again today. In my last blog entry I confessed that it was almost two weeks since I've drawn or painted anything. Having put that down in writing made me feel accountable, like I have to make sure and paint before the next time I write. So I did. Today I finished two more ornaments, just one more to go!

Today I'm posting one of the older ones. It is of the firebird. According to Wikipedia the firebird "is a magical glowing bird from a faraway land, which is both a blessing and a bringer of doom to its captor. Some believe it can see the future. It is described as a large bird with majestic plumage that glows brightly emitting red, orange, and yellow light, like a bonfire that is just past the turbulent flame. The feathers do not cease glowing if removed, and one feather can light a large room if not concealed. It is beautiful but dangerous showing no sign of friendliness."



I knew all that myself, but it's easier to copy and paste what's already been written rather than recreate the wheel every time. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)