Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Gamaun

Today I'm posting the final of my ornaments from the series I did for Christmas. After this I have just a few more that are painted post holidays and are of a different style. I'm still planning to take up illustrating Gogol's story "The Terrible Revenge" after I finish this project, so I'm really excited that it's finally coming to an end.

For today's slavic mythological creature we have the Gamayun (or Gamaun). She is prominent in Slavic folklore and is said to possess a lovely singing voice and a beautiful complexion. Symbolizing wisdom, harmony, and knowledge, she also knows a thing or two about the secrets of humanity and the creation of the world. Unfortunately, though, she won't let any of the secrets slip.

Not only is Gamayun extremely beautiful and wise, she is also capable of predicting the future and telling fortunes.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)