Monday, January 8, 2018

Matryoshkas, Babies and Music

Yesterday was filled with blissful laziness after we accomplished our performance at the Dusty Monk on Saturday. Our playing and my singing seemed much improved since our first performance. I was pleased with our efforts and progress. I think the public enjoyed it as well. It definitely took a lot out of me. I was especially stressed out and trying to focus really hard on playing the accordion and singing at the same time in a very loud environment, where I could hardly hear the notes that I was making. But I got through it and decided that we've gotten good enough to play in spaces that are quite enough to hear us well.

Today I'm still posting yet another of my ornaments from Christmas, the flow is never ending. The matryoshka is up this time, a symbol of maternity and very fitting for the moment as I entertain the possibility of playing music as my baby arrives into the world outside of my womb. I've been imagining myself strapping the baby to my back, the accordion to my front and playing a gig. Katy Carr told me she was imagining something similar (with the base I assume), but it never happened. I think I'll just keep imagining it anyways, even if it's not going to happened. Maybe I'll paint it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)