Thursday, January 4, 2018

Спасибо Чибурашка (Thank You, Cheburashka)

As promised, I am posting one of my hand painted ornaments that I completed this gifting season. I was planning on only painting 5 by Christmas day because there were five different family members/couples that would all get one ornament that day. When I was working on this particular one, though, my husband came home and fell in love with it. It's a scene from the cartoon Cheburashka, where Crocodile Gena sings a song called the Blue Train. 

My husband and I started learning/playing that song about a month or two ago and whenever he would watch the video of it on YouTube he would repeat the words "Спасибо Чибурашка" because the recording begins with Crocodile Gena thanking Cheburashka for joining him during his song (I think, I don't remember for sure). Tony always says that's his first complete sentence in Russian. 

I decided to work really hard on making a sixth ornament so that I could give this one to Tony. Each ornament took me an entire day to complete so it was very difficult to manage this during the busy season of buying gifts, baking cup cakes and going to Tony's multiple musical gigs. But I am very happy that I managed it. And I'm posting it today in honor of our upcoming performance at the Dusty Monk where we will be performing this very song in two days.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)