Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Thoughts

As I follow other artists on Instagram whose art I find similar in style to mine own it's inspiring to see them succeed and talk of their achievements in the new years posts where they thank the last year for all the good fortunes it brought to their lives and careers. Today I read the post of an artists who goes by @melissa.castrillon on instagram and she mentioned how this year she got married and her first three books got published.

So I looked back on my year. I got married to a man I love a lot who is very supportive of my artistic endeavors and all my interests in life. I am also now with child and expecting to have a baby boy in May of 2018. I have painted many paintings this year and sold quite a few. Tony and I had our first gig as our brand new band The Gypsy Pirate Octopi and soon will have another performance on January 6th, 2018.

Below is my favorite picture from our wedding. I love it because it reminds me of a Soviet Era film I love a lot called Табр Уходит в Небо (Gypsies are Found in Heaven is a loose translation of the title). The film itself has a very tragic ending, but it's full of free spirit and passion and I feel like this photo has some of that in it, also it has a Soviet sort of aesthetic to it. Zoey, Tony's daughter, found some toy handcuffs at our host's house and cuffed us after the ceremony, hence the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you :)